Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My One Word

I was listening to k-love the other morning and they were talking about their word for the year. Instead of resolutions, they were choosing one word that would be their "theme."  Now, I'm not a resolution person because I can't keep them and it frustrates me. So the idea of choosing one word that would be my theme through the year sounded kind of cool. It was a little more difficult than I imagined to pick one word, but I did finally come up with the one word that I know will benefit and challenge me.

COMMUNICATION.

This is my word. Communication is something that I sometimes fail at so I am challenging myself to become better at it. I am going to try to communicate better with my husband, my children, my family and friends. I often keep thoughts that I should share to myself. I often don't open myself up to friendships. I often let frustration and anger build because I don't share my emotions. I often don't pray and communicate with the Father because I want to run things my way. There are so many areas of my life that could improve if I open myself up to honest communication.

There it is.  My one word.  I pray that I will allow this word to create big and positive changes in my life.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I am so glad you have joined us!!! I can't wait to read more!!!

    ReplyDelete