Saturday, July 30, 2011

A boy with a broken bananna...

Wiley is one of those kids that likes things a certain way and freaks out completely if it is not exactly as he wants it.  For example, he does NOT like for his food to be "broken".  Meaning that a ceral bar must stay intact during consumption, a bananna can not be split in half to be shared and most certainly do not cut his apples up into slices!  If this happens, he pretty much won't eat the "broken" food.  He is slightly ocd in this respect...and in all honestly, he gets the ocd stuff from me.  Anyhow...here is the bananna story.

He had asked for help peeling the bananna...in helping, I accidentally peeled off one side of the peel completely.  I temporarily forgot how traumatic this was for him now that he likes to "I do it myself" all the time.  So picture Wiley with a partially peeled bananna in one hand and a part of the peel in the other.  This is when the complete meltdown began.  I tried to make it better by actually taping the peel back on in hopes that this would calm the tears, but alas that did not work.  It was a little sad because he kept asking me to put the peel back on the bananna, which obviously was not going to work.  So I ignored him until he got so out of control that I started taking pictures so I could show his future wife.

And then something happened that was even worse than the peel being off the bananna...it actually broke.

This caused a whole new level of crying!

He actually stomped his feet he was so mad about this bananna problem!
The end of the story is that he did not eat the bananna and did not get another snack.   It was a sad, sad day.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, girl! I hear you! I feel like each one of my kid's has a weird thing for every occasion that we have to work with. Hard not to just want to ignore all of it. You are a good momma for trying to tape it back together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me laugh a lot! It reminded me so much of Haylie (if nothing but the tantrums)!

    ReplyDelete